High-level syllabus :
This course is designed around four mini-projects, each of increasing complexity. The course as a whole will investigate the following questions, in order:
- What is biomedical data, and how might we model it (store it on a computer)? (Project #1)
- How can we model data with RDF? With frame-based systems? With OWL With Rules? With probabilites?
- How do we query these data? (Project #2)
- What are formal logics, inference systems or theorem proving systems?
- How can we use OWL to store data and classification to answer queries? (Project #3)
- What are the capabilities of different knowledge representation and inference systems? (Project #4)
See the course objectives for a different overview of the course, or the assignment calendar for more specifics.