2012-2013 Teaching Schedule
- AU 2012: Ling 566 Introduction to Syntax for Computational Linguistics
- SP 2013: Ling 567 Knowledge Engineering for NLP (aka Multilingual Grammar Engineering); Ling 575: Semantic Representations.
- All year: Lab director, computational linguistics laboratory aka The Treehouse
Course pages for other courses I've taught
- Ling 566 (Introduction to Syntax for Computational Linguistics): AU 2011, AU 2010, AU 2009, AU 2008, AU 2007, WI 2006
- Ling 567 (Knowledge Engineering for NLP): WI 2012, WI 2010, WI 2009, WI 2008, WI 2007 SP 2006 SP 2005 SP 2004
- Ling 472 (Introduction to Computational Linguistics): SP 2012, SP 2008, AU 2004, AU 2003
- SP 2012: Ling 575 (with Alicia Wassink): Computational Methods in Linguistic Analysis
- SP 2010: Ling 575: Information Structure in Computational Syntax
- SP 2009: Ling 575: Computational Linguistic Typology
- SP 2008: Ling 575: Lexical Acquisition for Precision Grammars
- WI 2007: Ling 575: Quantification, Semantic Representations and the Syntax-Semantics Interface
- AU 2004: Ling 580: Computational Morphology
- SP 2004: Ling 580: Statistical Methods in NLP
- Summer 2007: Precision Grammar Implementation for Linguistic Hypothesis Testing, with Dan Flickinger and Stephan Oepen at the LSA Linguistic Institute, Stanford
- Summer 2005: HPSG - Head-Driven Phrase Structure Grammar, Linguistics 111, 2005 Linguistic Institute, MIT/Harvard
- WI 2004: 461 Syntax I
Other materials you can find here:
- Workshop on Corpus Linguistics at NWAV 31, October 10, 2002.
- Corpus-Based Syntax (page for a course I taught at UC Berkeley in 2000; includes links to corpus resources as well as labs - with answer keys - for learning corpus methods).
- A handout on critical reading, from a sociolinguistics course I taught.
Last modified: 9/30/11