Welcome to the home page for Epidemiology 405/502 and Nutrition 405/505!
Course Topics Include:
- Physical activity-related terminology
- Measurement of physical activity in individuals and populations
- Physiological adaptations to activity
- Principles of exercise prescription
- Physical activity epidemiology
- Physical activity in health promotion and disease prevention
- Public health recommendations for physical activity in the U.S.
- Inactivity and aging/disability
- Adoption and maintenance of physical activity
- Physical activity intervention settings
- Biology 118 or equivalent coursework
Credits & Knowledge Area:
- 3 credits
- Natural World (meets undergraduate general education requirement)