ME395 Introduction to Design
Fall Quarter 2014
TTh 1:30-2:50 MEB 238; F 12:30-2:20 THO 125
Joyce Smith Cooper, Professor of Mechanical Engineering
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- office hours: T 12:15-1:15; Th 11:30-12:30; or by appointment in MEB 304
office hours: PENDING times in MEB 236
- Lectures are typically on Tuesdays and Thursdays, recitation on Fridays.
- Teams of 5-6 students will conduct a project in which the design process is carried out from planning, concept development, and concept selection/justification. All project reports are to be done as a team, due at 5pm in the class dropbox on the date indicated. Late submittals will not be accepted.
- Written team project reports must be uploaded by 5pm to the class dropbox on the due date (late submittals will not be accepted).
- Team oral presentations are Nov. 18-21.
- Individual comprehensive written design theory examination is Dec. 5.
- Grading: team design reports are 2.5/4.0; the design theory exam is 1.5/4.0.
- The syllabus
- Project description and the design report template
Class drop box: https://catalyst.uw.edu/collectit/dropbox/summary/cooperjs/32799