ME395 Introduction to Design
Fall Quarter 2016
Tuesdays and Thursdays @ 1:30-2:50 in BAG 260; Fridays @ 12:30-2:20 in MEB 238
Joyce Smith Cooper, Professor of Mechanical Engineering
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- office hours: Tuesdays @ 12:15-1:15, Thursdays @ 11:30-12:30, or by appointment in MEB 304
- Melicent Stossel (email@example.com) and Andrea Willson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- office hours: Mondays and Wednesdays @ 10:30-11:30 in MEB 236
- Lectures are typically on Tuesdays and Thursdays, recitation on Fridays.
- Teams of 5-6 students will conduct a project in which the design process is carried out from planning, concept development, and concept selection/justification. All project reports are to be done as a team, due at 5pm in the class dropbox on the date indicated. Late submittals will not be accepted.
- Team oral presentations are Nov. 29 - Dec. 6.
- Individual comprehensive written design theory examination is Dec. 9.
- Final report is due Dec. 16.
- Grading: team design reports are 2.5/4.0; the design theory exam is 1.5/4.0.
- The syllabus
- Project resources
Class drop box: https://catalyst.uw.edu/collectit/dropbox/cooperjs/38910