INFX 563 - Course Information
This information is updated as changes are made and applies to the next offering of the course.
|Database Systems: A Practical Approach to Design,
Implementation and Management
5th edition (2009/2010)
By Thomas M. Connolly and Carolyn E. Begg, University of Paisley
ISBN 10: 0321523067
ISBN 13: 9780321523068
Warning: There are two books called Database Systems. The other is published by Course Technology and quite different. Part of this book was used for INFX 543 this year.
New or used (if available) books will work equally well for this course.
Note the Kindle versions and rental versions sometimes are often missing resources like Appendices and sample files, BUT we can generally work around that by me adding the materials to the Web site – so let me know if that happens.
- PDFs included in the modules
- Publicly available web sites linked in the modules
INFX 563 – Advanced Relational Database Management Systems (4 Cr): Advanced relational database design and development theory using SQL, concepts and skills. Topics include advanced T-SQL; backup and recovery; and triggers and reporting services. Prerequisite: Skills covered in INFX 543
Software Required for this course:
- None at this time - later in the course you will be installing Tableau
- The software is also available in the 4th floor labs in Mary Gates Hall
- There is no MAC version of the software.
- You will need to have access to a Windows computer.
- Many Mac users also already own Parallels or Fusion from VMWare allowing them to run Windows applications.
- Macs can also run BootCamp to dual-boot between OS X and Windows.
Software available Free to course students at: MSDN Academic Alliance Software Center.
- Version to get:
- If you have trouble getting the software from MSDNAA The MSDNAA system uses a unique login and password - not your UW NetID and password.
- iSchool students: the password was emailed to you when you enrolled in the program. If you attended the iSchool orientation, we passed out an IT orientation handout that described that login and password in more detail.
- Non-iSchool students: The iSchool Help Desk (iHelp@uw.edu or MGH 330Y) can help you get an ID and answer your questions.
To order for download
- Go to this site to login: MSDN Academic Alliance Software
- Center Click the LOGIN button on the left to login.
- Login with your UW email address and enter the MSDNAA password
- You should now be able to download the program.
- If you forgot your password, on the right side, there is a dialog box that says "Login Help", and a link to click if you forgot your password. Click that link and when asked for your username enter your UW email address, ie. firstname.lastname@example.org Your password will be emailed to you.
- If you need help ordering or installing the software, the iSchool Help Desk (iHelp@uw.edu) is well versed in helping you with MSDNAA software.
Last updated: Saturday, 14-Sep-2013 00:30:49 PDT
© 2013 Bob Larson
All rights reserved