INFX 505 - Course Information
This information is updated as changes are made and applies to the next offering of the course.
|Intro to Project Management
Software - Smartsheet
Online curriculum Top Hat - More info to come. Cost $60.00
Note the Kindle versions and rental versions sometimes are often missing resources like Appendices and sample files, BUT we can generally work around that by me adding the materials to the Web site – so let me know if that happens.
- PDFs included in the modules
- Publicly available web sites linked in the modules
Course Description and Syllabus
INFX 505 – Project Management Concepts for Information Professionals (1 Cr): Introduction to the terminology, concepts and skills used in working with project management and project management software. Emphasis given to developing, refining and monitoring work schedules using software tools. Prepares students to work productively with project teams and develop those skills frequently requested by prospective employers from many fields. Credit / no Credit only. Prerequisite: none.
Software Required for this course:
- Smartsheet is a Web application, so no host software is required
- There is no MAC version of the software.
- You will need to have access to a Windows computer.
- Many Mac users also already own Parallels or Fusion from VMWare allowing them to run Windows applications.
- Macs can also run BootCamp to dual-boot between OS X and Windows.
Software available Free to course students at: Microsoft DreamSpark.
- Version to get: Professional will work well
- If you have trouble getting the software from Microsoft DreamSpark, it system uses a unique login and password - not your UW NetID and password.
- iSchool students: Information on how to log into the Microsoft DreamSpark site would have been emailed to your @uw.edu email address. The email would have come from the address "firstname.lastname@example.org", so, even though it is a legitimate email, please be sure to check your spam folder.
- Non-iSchool students: The iSchool Help Desk (iHelp@uw.edu) can help you get an ID and answer your questions.
- Go to this site to login: Microsoft DreamSpark
- Center Click the LOGIN button on the left to login.
- Login with your UW email address and enter the DreamSpark password
- You should now be able to download the program.
- If you forgot your password, on the right side, there is a dialog box that says "Login Help", and a link to click if you forgot your password. Click that link and when asked for your username enter your UW email address, ie. email@example.com Your password will be emailed to you.
- If you need help ordering or installing the software, the iSchool Help Desk (iHelp@uw.edu) is well versed in helping you with Microsoft software.
To order for download
Courses I Teach
Career Resources Data Visualization Infographics Privacy Articles Things to Ponder MOOCs
Last updated: Monday, 23-Nov-2015 13:40:04 PST
© 2013 Bob Larson
All rights reserved