INFX 503 - Course Information
This information is updated as changes are made and applies to the next offering of the course.
||Basics of Web Design: HTML5 & CSS3,
edition (beginning Summer Qtr 2015)
by Terry Felke-Morris, Harper College
There may be other versions of the book which include less or more material respectively, may have different exercises and may cost more.
The assignments can be done with a used book if you want to save a few bucks.
Note the Kindle versions and rental versions sometimes are often missing resources like Appendices and sample files, BUT we can generally work around that by me adding the materials to the Web site – so let me know if that happens.
- PDFs included in the modules
- Publicly available web sites linked in the modules
INFX 503 – Website Design Concepts for information Professionals (1 Cr): Introduces the context and construction of websites presenting an integrated understanding of we design principles, information behavior, and technical skills. Emphasizes the roll of markup in information display and organization, the development of large sites, web strategy, and site construction. Credit / no credit only. Prerequisite: none. (Prepares students for INFX 543 and INFX 544)
Software Required for this course
- The course uses Notepad++, a free source code / HTML editor which supports several programming languages. It runs under the MS Windows environment.
- The software is also available in the 4th floor labs in Mary Gates Hall
- There is no MAC version of the software, but there are many alternatives that should work fine. Google Notepad++ mac to get a list of alternatives and check the Mac Users Discussion Board for recommendations from your class mates. Textwrangler has been popular in past classes.
Software available Free
- There is a free download from http://notepad-plus-plus.org/.
- You are free to use standard NotePad or any text editor that you like
- But, please do not use Web programs like Microsoft Expressions or Adobe Dreamweaver.
Courses I Teach
Career Resources Data Visualization Infographics Privacy Articles Things to Ponder MOOCs
Last updated: Tuesday, 07-Apr-2015 16:23:49 PDT
© 2013 Bob Larson
All rights reserved