How do I get Help and is that OK
Return to Courses I Teach - for other courses
These are technology skills courses, many are Credit/No-Credit, making them a bit unique - the only objective is to learn the skills and concepts
- You can get help from anywhere on anything - assignments are for learning in these courses
- The Discussion board is the primary vehicle for posting questions, making comments, help with assignments. Some iPeer groups use each other for help - that is OK but not required. I'd ask if it is a serious issue, book error etc, that one of you also post it to the discussion board so everyone benefits
- Can I email the instructor or GAs? Yes, if you have a problem that needs to be solved off-line
- For problems with Canvas pages, links to videos, Assignments, Lectures - post on the Discussion board then email me at email@example.com
- Hardware and Software problems - the iSchool Help Desk is very helpful iHelp@uw.edu or MGH Room 330Y
I'm overwhelmed and thinking of dropping - always your call. But often not necessary, particularly after a few weeks. Contact me, I will work with you. Only you know the scope of the issue, but often we can work with whatever it is.
- Rule #1: Lesser people have done this before you and you can too.*
- Rule #2: Relax this is not worth a heart attack.
- Rule #3: This too shall pass.
* Remember that you got into both the UW and the iSchool, most don't.
Last updated: Thursday, 22-Aug-2013 18:10:34 PDT
© 2013 Bob Larson
All rights reserved