Courses I Teach
MBAs and other non-iSchool Grad Students - see note below
For Course Description, Textbook(s) and Software Required, select the course:
- INFX 501 – Algorithmic Concepts for Information Professionals (1 Cr Cr/NC)
- INFX 502 – Database Concepts for Information Professionals (1 Cr Cr/NC)
- INFX 503 – Website Design Concepts for information Professional (1 Cr Cr/NC)
- INFX 504 – Networking Concepts for Information Professionals (1 Cr Cr/NC)
- INFX 505 – Project Management Concepts for Information Professionals (1 Cr Cr/NC)
- INFX 543 – Relational Database Management Systems (4 Cr - Graded)
- INFX 546 – Networking Technology (4 Cr - Graded)
- INFX 563 – Advanced Relational Database Management Systems (4 Cr - Graded)
How my online courses work
- All About.... How online lectures work
- All About.... How Discussions and Announcements work
- All About.... How Assignments work
- All About.... How do I navigate this course each week
- All About.... How do I get Help and is that OK
- All About.... How iPeer Groups work
- All About.... How Grading works and iPeer Assessment Form (Excel sheet)
What are the 1-credit INFX courses and why should I take them? - 15:38 minutes presentation
INFX 543 – Relational Database Management Systems (4
Cr): Database design and development theory, concepts and skills.
Traditional transactional database theory, architecture and
implementation in a user-centered systems context using SQL. Introduces
database modeling, security and privacy issues. Prerequisite: Skills
covered in INFX 502 (Prepares students for INFX 563)
Course description PDF
Course Web site - generic Sample (replaced first day of course with assignments and lectures)
MBA Students and other non-iSchool UW Grad Students
I welcome you guys in these courses. First because I was a UW MBA '84, probably before you were born, and second because you bring a different perspective to the courses. Most students are grad students in some UW program, mostly in the Information School's MSIM and MLIS programs but also the Law School, Nursing, MBA, etc.Unfortunately, at the start of each quarter’s registration there is always a bit of a issue in getting the registration system to work smoothly for you. Here are a couple pieces of information for you until we get you in the classes.
- There is no enrollment cap in any of these courses, so there is and will always be a seat for you. We just need to get the right 1s and 0s to line up.
- It should be a simple process to register - just make sure you use the correct SLN from the current Time Schedule posted online. You should be able to do this on your own via your MyUW.
- Note: that you can register for INFX 501, 502, 503, or 504 starting in registration period 1. INFX 505 would be in period 2. Other INFX courses have restrictions that keep you from registering until period 3.There is still no enrollment cap.
- If the above information doesn't resolve your registration issues with my INFX courses, please contact one of our Student Services people such as:
- They will need your UW ID – first part of your UW email address to process the registrations.
- If you register after the course starts, I can manually grant you access so that you do not have to wait while the glitches get worked out. I will need your UW ID.
Please feel free to contact me at any time before, during or after the course.Bob
Last updated: Thursday, 14-May-2015 13:10:45 PDT
© 2013 Bob Larson
All rights reserved