|At some point I started measuring my life in decades. I
spent 10 years as a commercial photographer, 10 years as a
database developer, 10 years designing and implementing network
infrastructures and security strategies, and over 30 years
developing and teaching technology courses for businesses,
colleges, universities and other training companies.
During all of that time the following has always remained constant:
In each role I have been blessed with being able to work with great people in interesting environments using interesting technologies. My good fortune has allowed me to travel to over 28 cities in the USA as well as seven countries on three continents—all on someone else’s nickel. Staying ahead of the curve on technology has always gotten me past the tough times.
"We are the people our parents
warned us about."
Wandering through the ruins of Dunluce Castle in Northern Ireland
This not meant to be an exhaustive list, but just some of my more interesting clients and projects.
- Lighthouse Consulting Seattle, WA - Always interesting projects and clients
- Fogg Mobile USA Bellevue, WA - Designed IP network for ISP in Hong Kong
- SeaMobile Seattle, WA - Designing and installing Internet, WiFi and cellular service on 72 cruise ships and European ferries
- Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences Yakima, WA - New medical school in 2008
- Boeing Commercial Airplane Seattle, WA - Provided on-hours technology training for 5 years
- Casey Family Programs Seattle, WA - Staff training and development across the country
- Food Services of America Seattle, WA - Staff training and development across the country
- Washington State Bar Association Seattle, WA - Staff training and development and projects
- Yakama Nation - Forestry and Fisheries - Staff training and development and projects
- South African Government - Communications - Taught the first Cisco Academy CCNA course in Africa at Houteq in Grabouw, near Cape Town
- Valco Aluminum (Alcoa in Ghana) Accra, Ghana - Large network installation (52 switches, VLANs plus routers)
- Cisco Networking Academy Program - Trainer, course development and Visiting Faculty in seven countries
- Akademie für Lehrerfortbildung und Personalführung in Dillingen, Germany - Cisco CCNP train the trainer and curriculum development
- TGM - Die Schule der Technik: Aktuelles in Vienna, Austria - Cisco CCNP train the trainer
- Northern Regional College Belfast, Northern Ireland - Cisco CCNP train the trainer
- Birmingham City University Birmingham, England (formerly University of Central England) - Cisco CCNP train the trainer
I encourage all students, at all levels, to have their resume available and updated -- a life-time work in progress. Over the years I've seen too many opportunities lost or diminished by not being able to put a current resume in an interested party's hands at the moment they are thinking about you. By the same token, I was able to spend three of the best months of my life in South Africa in part because I was able to get a resume to London within minutes of the opportunity posting.
I also suggest that people place their resume in a place where others can see it and comment on it. To avoid being a hypocrite I do the same, here is mine. Please feel free to comment as you see fit. Resume
Courses I Teach
Career Resources Data Visualization Infographics Privacy Articles Things to Ponder MOOCs
Last updated: Thursday, 14-May-2015 12:58:34 PDT
© 2013 Bob Larson
All rights reserved